OPTUS GENERIC WINDOWS DIAL-UP MODEM SETUP
Note: Please ensure that the drivers for the device and method you are using to connect to a PC are
installed, please refer to the device manufacturer for further details.
Configure the Modem
1. Click on Start, then select Control Panel.
2. Click on Switch to Classic View, then select Phone and Modem Options.
3. Click on the Modems Tab and highlight your modem and select Properties.
4. In the Modem tab select 460800 in the Maximum Port Speed drop down list.
5. Select the Advanced tab, in Extra initialization Commands type in +cgdcont=1,"ip","yesbusiness.
6. Click OK twice to go back to the Control Panel.
Configure the Connection
1. Select Network Connections in the Control Panel.
2. Select Create a new connection, a Network Connection Wizard will load select Next.
3. Select Connect to the internet and click Next.
4. Select Setup my connection manually, and click Next.
5. Select Connect using a dial-up modem and click Next.
6. Ensure your modem is the only modem checked. click Next.
7. Enter “Optus Yesbusiness” in the ISP Name, click Next.
8. Enter *99# in the Telephone Number field and uncheck Use area code and dialling rules, click Next.
9. Ensure the Username and password are left blank, click Next.
10. Check Add a shortcut to this connection on my desktop and click Finish.